Thursday, May 22, 2008
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
2. On a good night, what time are your kids in bed? 7:30pm
3. How long have you been a mommy? 7 years, 4 months and 10days
4. How old were you when you became a mom? 21 years 356 days (almost 22)
5. What is your favorite kids T.V show? Bindi the Jungle Girl (the Croc Hunter Steve Irwin's daughter has her own animal show.)
6. What is your least favorite kids T.V. show? Don't even get me started, I could go all day with the ones I don't like.
7. What is your favorite chore? I actually have one! Vaccuuming. Getting to that point is what I don't like.
8. What is your favorite meal to cook? Sunday dinner. I pretend I'm a chef and do semi-gourmet meals (my kids call them fancy dinners). Example: Brown sugar and pecan crusted salmon, seasoned baked asparagus, buttery garlic rice, and dulce de leche tropical fruit salad with coconut.
9. What meal do you cook most often? Chicken stirfry and rice.
10. What is your kids favorite meal? Hot dogs with mac & cheese or pizza
11. What is your favorite thing your husband does with your kids? Taking them camping and hiking and reading bedtime stories
12. What are 5 things that make you smile when you’re being a mom?
A. spontaneous hugs and kisses.
B. Adrianna saying "youwa da best mommy eva!".
C. Listening to them laugh when Jason reads them Calvin and Hobbes.
D. Hearing them help each other when they don't know I'm around.
E. Having other people tell me my kids are well behaved.
13. If you could take your kids anywhere, where would it be? Some place tropical.
14. When was the last time you went out without your kids? I went shopping at wal-mart at 11:00pm Monday night.
15. What is your favorite pastime/activity to do with your kids? Go on "adventures"! (going hiking, camping, to zoos or museums) just doing things together.
16. Name one thing you said you would never say as a mother? "I'm going to count to 3..."
17. Name something you do, that your own mom did? Sing and read to my kids
18. What is your favorite quality your mom has? Her craziness
19. What is your favorite kids book? Skippy Jon Jones and Don't let the Pigeon Drive the Bus.
20. What is your favorite advice for new moms? Sleep
21. What is your most heartbreaking moment as a mom? Having other kids be unfair and knowing there is nothing you can do about it because you can't punish someone else's kid, then trying to explain why some people don't treat others nice.
22. What is your most joyful moment being a mom? Having everyday with them!
23. When was the last time you told one of your kids, “I Love You”? At bedtime.
24. When was the last time you were told, “I love you” by one of your kids? At bedtime.
Ok I actually did this and it only took 2 very interrupted hours.
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Sunday, May 11, 2008
Monday, May 5, 2008
My sweet Odie Podie (aka Adrianna) was really trying to be brave after she fell and scraped her knee. She smiled through the tears. That's my girl!
I know, now I have no excuse for not posting updates more often.
I want to laugh every time I see this picture! She has this high pitched squeal/giggle that usually accompanies this face.
Ok part two will be up in just a minute, which is ironic considering you'll probably read that before this, oh well.
Thursday, May 1, 2008
Cleaning the House
Books, backpacks, eight pairs of shoes,
Two hundred crayons and fifteen balloons,
Three Barbie dolls, seven matchbox cars,
Diapers, sippy cups, an old granola bar.
A tent of five sheets on my chairs and vacuum
Takes up what’s left of my living room.
Fifteen loads of laundry to fold
A sinkful of dishes in water getting cold.
One child has climbed in the baby’s seat
Another is thinking dog food is a treat.
I pick the dishes up off the floor
Before her thinking can become more.
We start a race to put things away
Before daddy comes home at the end of the day
With armfuls of toys, blankets and clothes
They run upstairs like they know where each goes.
I finish the dishes, and start supper to cook
I give the downstairs a once over look.
“Not bad” I think of the job that they’ve done
The house looks decent I say everyone’s won.
Daddy comes home and gets hugs and kisses
We have our dinner and then do the dishes.
Then it’s pajama time and upstairs we all go
To thuds, thumps and giggles and I think “Oh no”
And there it is waiting at the top just for me
A mountain five children struggle over with glee.
Our collection of things from the downstairs today
I put a 6 year old in charge of putting things away.
I should have known better, but what would you do
When the five, four, and two year olds say they’ll help too.
Unfortunately that's a pretty acurate description of my house today, only no tent in the living room, but the kitchen table is covered with sewing projects and the front room is now carpetted with newspapers that never made it to the trash. Oh well I'm tired it'll still be there tomorrow. I'll take care of it then. (in that respect I'm not quite the slob I used to be, my procrastination times have gone down though I doubt they will ever disappear good.)