Thursday, June 18, 2009

Markers, Haircuts and a Lucky Shirt

Ok so I had a few surprises this morning. The first was that while I was upstairs Lydia got hold of an orange permanent marker and gave herself freckles like Mommy and Jonas. She also colored her hands just for fun. Any ideas how to get this off? Next we have Adrianna who last night pulled a Pedro. In case you haven't seen "Napoleon Dynomite" I'll explain. She was very hot and her ponytail had gotten knocked sideways so some of her hair had come out of the elastic holding it back. Instead of just asking me to fix it she got a pair of scissors and cut off the locks that were sticking to her face and neck. She then took out her ponytail completely before I could notice and fell asleep. When I went to brush her hair this morning I noticed. She had even cut of pieces of her hair that were still in the ponytail so I really had to cut it and do some creative layering this morning to try and even it all out. I fixed it for now but luckily Cami is coming up next week and can make it look a little smoother I hope. Some pieces will just have to grow out some more. She wasn't thrilled with the haircut but we had a long talk on the consequences of cutting our own hair. After all that Jonas came in wearing a very familiar looking camoflouged Transformers shirt. I asked him if hadn't he worn that yesterday, and the day before? (Luckily he had not been playing outside much). He answered in the affirmative and said this was the fourth time he had worn it without it getting washed because it was his lucky shirt. We had a little dicussion about how unlucky it would be if nobody would play with him because he was stinky or if he got sick because he didn't wash his clothes. He'll probably wear it again tomorrow but it is getting washed today.

8 comments:

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

You know, there WILL come a day when you miss these kinds of mornings! Well, maybe not the marker stuff, but you will miss it!

Cali and Travis said...

Good Grief! I'm kind of glad I only have one mischevious munchkin to chase after.

Mollie said...

I LOVE THEM!!!!

Jacob and Cami said...

Good job fixing Odie's mullet!

Elaina said...

Man it takes me back to when I feel asleep with gum in my mouth and when I woke up it was all over my hair. So my sister had a fun time trying to cut my hair after that. My hair ended up above my shoulders lol! I learned after that I wasn't going to leave gum in my mouth before I went to sleep.

Things I'm going to be looking forward to when my kids get older. Right now I'm potty training my two 2 1/2 year old.

Kelly and Jesse said...

That's why I have a rabbit. By the way you did do a great job on Odi's hair. At least from the pictures.

Hey my wv is "skeya" is that like Skye's other personality??

Guffey Family said...

must be

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

Yep. Her little seen Scandinavian personality.