Sunday, November 28, 2010

And it Begins....




And so begins our boys' wrestling season. Their first meet was last weekend and they did very well. Here they are showing off their singlets with their friend Tai before any of them wrestled.
Most of my pictures are either dark or blurry or so far away you can't see much. I still haven't figured out how to do any photo editing on my computer. So anyway here are a couple pics of the boys starting out.Of course we all came to watch. Adam and Maggie like the lower level seating.While the other girls, Emily, Odie and Lydia preferred higher up on the bleachers.

The boys did very well. Jonas won 2 matches by pin and lost 3 on points. Preston pinned one and got pinned once. Jonas ended up coming in fourth in his weight class and Preston second in his. I can't believe how much they improved since last year. It was so much fun to watch and I can't wait for the rest of the season.

8 comments:

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

OH... Grandma can't wait to come and watch! Great job boys!!

Hillary and Jake said...

I can't wait to see how well they do after a little coaching from uncle Cody. But I am so excited for them.

Jacob and Cami said...

How fun! Next time we're there they'll have to show us their mad skills.

Cali and Travis said...

I miss watching wrestling!

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

Hey Jonas,
This is a little advice concerning Foot placement and habits. Practice keeping your feet back and on the ground. When you circle your opponant slide your feet to the side. When you get a little older and are wrestling stonger and more advanced wrestlers, they will look at your feet positioning like in the picture here, grab your ankle and have you on your back in no time. Believe me, this is something Cody had to learn the hard way. Guys that can do a good fast ankle pick can get some good take down points, especially if his opponant isn't sure what he is doing wrong.
Love you!

WV: 'caterin' Southern Food Prep Service.

Guffey Family said...

Grandma, thank you for the advice. I attack the legs so I keep a foot a little forward. I don't shuffle away from my opponent, I attack him. This guy that I wrestled won his division last year at nationals and his mom couldn't believe that I did so well. I attacked his legs and he was very frustrated because I was so fast and I wouldn't let go. When Uncle Cody comes home, I'll teach him some tricks, and then if he's still able to move I'll put Preston on him!!!! You better hug him while he's standing because he'll be on his back in no time!!!

(Preston says - "You'll go down Uncle Cody!)
Jonas and Preston

Word verification - wupisbut - what I will do to Uncle Cody in less than a year! :)

Unknown said...

I like how P-Dawg's singlet looks more like loose shorts

Liz Ann said...

Oh Shiloh, I found you! You and your family look so great. I love how all of y'all match for your header picture.
Your boys looks so good in their wrestling gear too. Reminds me of when my brothers did it. If they need any pointers tell them to hook up with Rocco and Ethen. I'm sure they would love to help out.