Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Parental update

Ok so I didn't quite get to Jason and I the other day. So here it is. Jason is back in town full time now. His company is in a new office building so they moved from one side of town to the other which makes his commute a little longer but nothing terrible. Besides being one of the coaches for the boys wrestling club he has been training (along with his sister, Mollie and Aunt Wendy)for the Myrtle Beach Marathon on February 13. That date just happens to be my due date, which brings me to me.

I have been busy with the normal stuff... kids, house, young women's calling ect. We got the bassinet, carseat, and baby clothes out of the attic yesterday. Although I am not due for 2 1/2 weeks I tend to go through a phase known as "prodromal labor". You can look it up and it's actually kind of interesting, but basically what most women go through in the first 2-24 hours of latent or pre-labor I take 1-2 weeks or longer to do. At my last appointment on Monday I was dilated 3cm and 60% effaced. That may seem like the baby in imminent however, the week before I was dilated 2cm and 40% effaced. So despited mostly steady and somewhat constant contractions over the course of a week I had only progresed 1cm and 20%.

On weirder news the "nesting" instinct has finally kicked in. I did laundry and organized, and ran errands and couldn't keep still from about 3:30am yesterday until after 9pm. Considering my usual house cleaning and energy levels that was a total shock. I went to bed about 10pm woke up 5 or 6 times during the night then woke up for good at 5am and have felt like I'm on a really good caffine buzz ever since. I even feel a little jittery inside and just can't hold still. I guess this is a good thing, although the desire to clean is waning and slowly being replaced with a desire to sew or scrapbook or do something crafty like paint to babies' room (I won't do that, I'd have to clean it first). I keep feeling like a crash is due anytime but for now I guess I should make the most of it.

4 comments:

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

I say little Mary Alice will make her grand entry before the end of the week.

Kelly and Jesse said...

Thanks for the update!! Love you!!

Cali and Travis said...

Wow! Two updates in one week! I'm glad I'm sitting down or I may have fainted away from the shock! So are we taking bets on Maggie's birthday now? I say February 2nd!

Darryl and Cindy Cunningham said...

I say February 1st, but then I am a little partial to that date. That would have been Grandpa Doc's 77th Birthday. Of course I would go for Feb. 5th too for the Auntie Skye connection.